The convenient way to get back your item you have lost in a taxi is to call the driver directly. In this step by step guide, we’ll show you how to contact the Uber driver to recover your item.
RELATED GUIDE – Uber Customer Service Numbers
Recover your Item Using Uber App.
Uber app is the most convenient way to get back your lost items. Follow these simple steps to get back your items easily and quickly.
- Sign in to your Uber account with phone number and password
- Tap icon on the right side of your screen
- Tap “Your Trips”
- Now tap the trip
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Select “Contact my driver about a lost item” When you tap this option, it requires your phone number.
- Finally, tap “Submit” button. The will connect you to the driver after some time. In case, if you are not contacted, keep trying several times.
- If you are not contacted by phone, you can submit a manual report to Uber. Select “I couldn’t reach my driver about a lost item”, enter your item detail and contact information.
How does Uber return lost items?
- First of all, enter your phone number.
- Alternatively, you can enter someone else’s phone number if you lost your phone.
- Uber will connect you to the driver directly on the phone number you have submitted earlier.
- If you have left your item in the vehicle, then the driver will surely confirm. Ask the driver time and place to meet for return.
- In case, if the driver doesn’t pick up the phone, just leave a voicemail message and a little bit information about your lost item. He will definitely contact you after listening to the message.
Please keep in mind, Uber drivers are independent contractors and not employees. They are not liable to return your items after a trip ends.